PLAN OF INACTION

I turn on the TV

Slot my hands around a cold beer

This would be a TV party if I still had friends

Around, listening to Black Flag

But they’d only steal my cold beer

And I’ve only got 3 cans left

And Friends is on Four

Pouring out funny one liners

So I close my eyes

And listen to the tins of laughter

Ha ha ha ha ha haa

The laughter of the dead

Electronically held

Distilled

Bestowed

Sound gets louder now

For the adverts

Waking to tell me

About cheap new shirts

And how life would be so much

Better with less dirt

On my dishes and less hurts

From more empty wishes

About more money, cold money,

Hard cash all in a funny way

And in a funny way they’re right

The blues don’t run

In new jogging pants

The blues don’t run

In new running shoes

I gaze into the tubes

And my head joins the dots