THE TELEPHONE PROWLER

Sitting in the dark in my ivory tower

The telephone prowler, telephone prowler

Who is calling you at an ungodly hour?

The telephone prowler, it’s the telephone prowler


I’m the wrongest of numbers

Waking you

From the sweetest of slumbers

Mmm get home from work

I got that sweet deep hunger

I’m coming down the line

I don’t make cold calls baby

It’s the hottest of them all

And I’m coming down the line


Who is going to make your whole day sour?

Yeah, the telephone prowler, the telephone prowler

Your ear, my tongue softly does devour

The unseen tongue of the telephone prowler


For some of you I’m the closest thing

You’ve got to a friend

And when that phone rings, yeah

It’s about time you comprehend

I’m the voice for the modern age

You've nothing of worth to say

I pick up the receiver and take to the stage

We're actors, hot blooded actors

I think my heavy breathing does convey


I shake shiver and moan

Don't dare hang up the telephone.

I shake I shiver and I moan

Don't you dare hang up the telephone.