DEVIL, GROW SOME TEETH

I was sat in an empty office

11 flights up

Next to the window

With the telephone off the hook

Waiting for it to ring.

The sun: a milkman

Leaving glass bottles of orange

Outside my closed eyelids

Hot as hell and happy

These are how workdays

Should be spent.

Daydreaming last summer

Swimming in ponds every day.

I hear a tapping, I

Ignore it. Get back to summer.


BANG BANG BANG

The lucid summer

Slips and I open my eyes.

Outside the window

A toothless man,

Warped behind

The greasy window;

Swirled in suds.

He smiles and when he notices

He has disturbed my

Little piece of heaven,

Laughs aloud

And moves down

On his electric box

Out of sight


I put my feet

Back on the desk

Lay back in the

Cool and comfortable chair,

Cannot get comfortable

The sun shoots bright red

Bolts at

My closed eyes

Phones begin to ring

Around the office -

I met the devil once;

No fire

No brimstone

Just a silent laugh

And the profound ability

Of getting one's back up.