LETTERS HOME TO JUPITER


Dear Father,
Just now I took
scissor and razor to my head
scraped off your full beard
sheared off mother’s curls
you'd be proud of the growth.
Free of the bristles, I'm one
smooth dude. Life’s little problems
slip past me now, like bathing in a stream.
And I do hope you don't mind,
I borrowed from Pandora’s box,
a pretty blue eyeshadow
gave myself Mariana Trench eyes,
looped on a crimson lipstick
and concealed each pock and sully.
In essence, I made and gave myself up. My new twin
left this rat-hole, this man-cave, this hovel
and parading into the city, found a chance fuck.
They bound me in black chord, spanked
my soft body in inches of redness
There was no love here mind,
just rudeness.

At last, I am truly free
you might call my freedom
Good, great and joyous
Or gross. Whatever,
I'd tend to agree.