BURNT OFFERINGS

There are days where the crows

Are burnt white by cosmologic fans

And the sun spots simmer down on

You, me, everyone.


All the SAD, bi-polar suffering

Children are out on the bleached green

Playing with darts and irregular shaped globes

One that looks like a golden eagle’s head flies

Past whispering something in my ear but

I don’t talk to animals and it seems

The inanimate always want to talk through me

However you look at it, the catch was missed.


Ugly lovers on the bench devoted to a dead dog

Are linking their lips and it is truly good,

These two orange spires, already toppling as the sun

Descends, I sluice the weakening pink light into them.


The scorched trees begin shrug off their colour

And I look back upon this blue burial ground

Of description, now so many ancient clumps of ruin,

You could say it was definitely one of those days