SUN GODS

She is on the cover

Of a magazine

And he looks like the cover

Of a fashion magazine

They’re flicking through

The A4 pages

Tearing out what they see

Green gold

Red blue

Cheeks

Pretty pretty

As can be


He’s as pale

As paper or bone

And it could be said

That’s just his skin tone

She’s been sunbathing

Now she’s the shrivelled one

Crying out to the sky

WHAT THE FUCK

HAVE YOU DONE

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Yeah, what have I done?


He’s blowing

Smoke rings

All around me

And she’s buying

Pretty things

So she’s all

I see.


Skinny dinners

This temple is lean

Sleeping in the bath

Pulp is glowing clean

She’s on the cover

Of a magazine

He’s on the cover

Of a magazine


Sun gods hit hot streets

Necks craning, heads high

Walk through

Walkthrough

But know sun gods,

It’s only mine

And the eyes of the sun

Who are watching you


I think you know

What I mean

Stuck on the cover

Of magazines.